What we do
We make buildings better. Active Travel is good for people and good for the planet – and buildings that support and inspire active commuters deserve to be recognized.
Through consultation, assessment, and certification, ActiveScore helps building owners enhance their Active Travel offering. Using a scientific system developed with industry experts, our certification future-proofs assets and sets benchmarks for Active Travel standards.
As commuting trends evolve, influenced by global events and the rising cost of fuel, the built environment needs to reflect and support these changes. Updates to planning policies and urban design can take years, resulting in old solutions for new problems. Green certifications give the opportunity to access sustainability-linked loans, reduced interest rates, and public funding.
We recognize that the market is saturated with real estate certifications making it difficult for clients to identify which certification is most valuable for their buildings and occupants. ActiveScore stands out as it is the only globally-recognized standard specific to Active Travel and directly impacts tenants’ experience.
- ActiveScore certification can help boost your organization’s ESG.
- ActiveScore certification can be applied to both new and existing buildings.
- Application of ActiveScore recommendations can help buildings earn credits for other green certifications such as WELL, BREEAM, LEED, and GRESB.
- Our assessment criteria are tailored to reflect – and exceed – local planning regulations and infrastructure requirements.
- Well-designed Active Travel facilities can attract and retain staff and tenants. Over half of the respondents in the BCO (British Council for Offices) annual survey 2022 stated that workplace micromobility facilities influenced their career choices.
- Buildings with green certifications are able to charge higher rent.
- Green certifications support access to sustainability-linked loans, reduced interest rates, and public funding.